Thank you so much for all the donations of food, clothing and toiletries, which will
be sent to the Manna Society, a London-based charity that works with homeless people and others in need. Harvest donations are of critical importance to the society,providing about 70% of their food for the year.
Every Sunday during the service, we pray for loved ones who have passed on and whose year’s mind we keep. There is now a list on the table by the Lady Chapel to make any updates – please add any names to it as you make your way out of church.
Given the persistence of the pandemic, it is extremely unlikely that next month’s Remembrance Sunday service, which typically involves a mass meeting outside the church, will go ahead in the usual way. We are awaiting guidance from the diocese and British Legion as to what alternative arrangements may be made.
We’ve been happy to see many children returning, and look forward to welcoming more in the coming weeks. Junior Church has been organised along these lines:
• Parents, please register your children for track-and-trace purposes
• Sanitiser is available near the door to Junior Church
• Junior Church is now split into ‘bubbles,’ with children sitting at tables. Please locate your child’s name and sit with them
• If your child hasn’t been allocated to a group, contact Alberta or Hannah
• Children should bring in their own pens, pencils and reading books for now
• Please ensure that Junior Church toys are wiped down after use
• Exit via the double back-doors near the staircase. To regain entry into church, parents will have to come back via the main entrance
ANNUAL PAROCHIAL CHURCH MEETING
The Annual Parochial Church Meeting will take place in church immediately after the service next Sunday. The meeting will elect churchwardens for the coming year and other members of the Parochial Church Council. It will also review the past year and give an opportunity for members of St John’s to raise any matters of concern.
We pray for:
Our local churches and schools: for St Paul’s Newington and St Paul’s Primary School; Christchurch Southwark; Holy Trinity with St Matthew, Southwark; St George the Martyr with St Alphege and St Jude; Southwark Cathedral and Collegiate Church of St Saviour and St Mary Overie; also for St Saviour’s and St Olave’s School; London South Bank University; and the London College of Communication
Those whose year’s mind we keep: Pauline Crowley, Phyllis Hindson
18th October 2020 at 10am
Readings: Isaiah 45:1-7, 1 Thessalonians 1:1-10, Matthew 22:15-22
The Thursday 10am service has now resumed, but please note there will be NO service this Thursday, 15th October, as the church’s lighting system is being repaired that day.
For the time being, there will be no Friday services.
Please send any items for inclusion in next Sunday’s news sheet to Amanda Jordan at email@example.com by Wednesday morning. Thank you.